In May I will finish up my masters degree and will suddenly find at least 15 hours more of free time each week to rewrite my life. Here are the top 5 things I have most missed while attending grad school during the past 18 months:
1. First and foremost, horseback riding! I think the horses are getting used to this easy life, but it will be over soon enough, come May, when I will begin my training for a competition at Southmowing Stables.
2. Normal evenings with my husband. We haven't watched The Bachelor or Survivor at all these past 18 months. People talk to me about new programs and I look at them with a glazed, studious glare.
3. Entertaining guests at our home. Some of our friends probably think we have disowned them. We love them and will return to spending time with them after I graduate!
4. The voices will go away and maybe I will quit analyzing everything. I am constantly linking new experiences with what I've taken away from my studies. My brain is a bit fragmented and I will do a complete "defragmentation" on the hard drive in my head this coming May. I think I am transformed and I can never go back to my old ways of thinking, now please stop those voices! Now with social media on my mind and as my main point of study for my practicum, it seems the opportunities for network marketing are everywhere!
5. We will finally take a vacation together as a family without bringing books, without having to coordinate around weekend long class schedules each month, and just to get reaquainted. What was it I used to do for fun 18 months ago? Oh, my kids are older now, we can do so much more!