Set aside the old expression "making the phone ring", MY Smartphone was "writing" to me...email that is. Nevertheless, below are the five places my last leads came from:
1. Postcards sent to Spofford Lake NH searching for that perfect lakefront home for my Connecticut buyers. One email came in already on 100 postcards sent just last week.
2. Former client referral to a best friend. Last year I sold a home to a teacher at the Keene Middle School. She ended up buying a beautiful home, just the style she'd desired, and now her former roommate will be my next buyer. Great people refer great people so these are the best source of quality business for me. If I've enjoyed working with their friend, it's very likely we'll hit it off too.
3. Return buyer/seller. For years these folks have said they will be back and sure enough they are ready.
4. Activerain prospect. After one year on Activerain, a direct lead has come through from a local potential buyer. Though we have yet to communicate by voice, a couple of emails have been sent and I look forward to actually speaking further about this person's needs. I'm particularly interested in how much their search matched my own tastes...horse-type property, land, berries, privacy, etc. These are all things I appreciate of my own property. Is it possible this person knew that from getting to know me online first? Maybe. This, I find, beneficial to the consumer looking to find the right agent for their particular needs.
5. Twitter! Yes, Twitter. While describing a property type my buyer was seeking, I was contacted via direct tweet about a future potential seller interested in offering their property if it was a match. Turns out it wasn't entirely in the same price range but the desire to help and offer the lead from this prospect was valuable.
As I look over this list I see a nice blend of prospects coming from various angles. I think ultimately this stems from a proactive marketing plan that reaches people in more than one way. I can't wait to see what will come in the upcoming year as I develop my social media marketing plan even further...more surprises to come in what I will offer my "friends", "followers", and prospects.